Saturday, January 2, 2016

Island Home: A Landscape Memoir

by Tim Winton

Published 2015



My Review


This is a short book dealing with what has happened to the land and people in Australia from Tim Wintons viewpoint. One message that struck me was the failure of people to really appreciate the land.  Different chapters dealt with quite varied subjects, such as his boyhood memories of places and others describing places visited during adult years.

The chapter (power of place)  talking about writing was less interesting to read and I found myself keen to get to the whereas others were quite a pleasure to read.  Overall I enjoyed the book.
Rating 3/5

Book Publicity


'I grew up on the world’s largest island.' 

This apparently simple fact is the starting point for Tim Winton’s beautiful, evocative and sometimes provocative memoir of how Australia's unique landscape has shaped him and his writing. 

Wise, rhapsodic, exalted – Island Home is not just a brilliant, moving insight into the life and art of one of our finest writers, but a compelling investigation into the way our country shapes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment